6.23.2009

Pedernales Falls

This past weekend, we took the kids (and Jeremy's sister Nichole) camping at Pedernales Falls State Park. We had a pretty good time, even though it was really hot there.

The park was beautiful! (I have many more pictures of all the scenery, but I will post them tomorrow).

When we were loading things up, Colette & Gavin really wanted to help.

Photobucket

It was a pretty ride up 281.

Photobucket

Photobucket

We played in the river twice on Saturday. The kids had a blast both times!

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

After the first time playing in the river, we went to the Falls part of the park. You aren't allowed to swim there, but you can walk around. It was so pretty there.

Photobucket

We got pretty hot (and both the kids get really red when they get hot), so we sat down and just enjoyed the view for a while...

Photobucket

Photobucket

Gavin somehow convinced Nichole to carry him back to the truck.

Photobucket

We went against all that is camping - we went out to eat! We went to Dairy Queen. I don't have those pics loaded to my computer yet. After that, we just hung out at our campsite for a little bit. The kids kept asking Nichole to spin them.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

And I had to take a picture of our truck. It just looked so nice in the evening sun, lol.

Photobucket

And then we got bored, and went back down to the river. It was a pretty good little hike down there (it was pretty steep)

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

The next morning, we broke rules again - we ate burgers for breakfast! they were good, though.

We came home kind of early, because everyone was so hot & sticky. Nichole took the kids back down to the river while Jeremy & I packed up all the stuff.

2 comments:

Stacy said...

Looks like you had a fun weekend. We are in the process of planning a camping trip. Our 2 little ones have never been so that should be interesting. Good picture of Jeremy and the truck is looking good.

Michelle said...

I've never taken my kids camping and I myself have only been once... when I was 14. Looks like soooo much fun though! You kids are adorable!

Oh and my sister's name is Nichole... spelled the same way too! It's rare to see it spelled that way! Cool!